Sunday, August 29, 2010

the end of easy life

here i am, blogging about the last day of summer... when really, i should be working on my summer reading. annnnd, that brings me to my summer goals!

in my "summertime, and the livin' is easy" post from the last day of 8th grade, i made a few summer goals, and told you:

"i will tell you on the first day of school whether or not i reached my three goals... i'm not too confident though, since i'm already on the road to full procrastination and, honestly, i'm not exactly in the mood for any serious physical activity. arg. summer. it always makes me feel lazy (even lazier than usual. that's a lot)."

so... did i do it?

the goals

  • blog more! --success-- in fact, i am even blogging right now. though i have not finished writing all of my summer posts... when i have, there will be a lot of posts! just wait and see!! :)
  • to not procrastinate on my summer work --questionable-- i am not quite done with my summer work (quite!). but, hear me out! i finished most of the work for my fiction selection at the beginning of the summer. then i, well, took a... break... a long break. after several weeks, i read the entire drama selection on the plane from california to new mexico. now, on the last day of summer, i have 3 paragraphs to finish and 5 paragraphs to start (there are 14 paragraphs total). considering that this is due on wednesday, i'm thinking that i have a pretty good chance of surviving.
  • to gain 5 pounds --failure-- i gained one whole pound. oh my, oh my... no matter how hard i try, the food that goes into my belly always disappears overnight! however, to my credit, i did grow half an inch this summer (and, honestly, i only want to gain weight to get taller).

wouldn't you say that i did pretty well?

cute little reading bug (who doesn't look all too happy to be reading-- like me!)

this summer has been one of the most amazing ones ever; it has been blissful doing absolutely nothing educational... but i am still super psyched to be a high schooler (well, a very short high schooler)! i am going to get lost trying to find the gym, but who cares.

for a while, my backpack had been collecting dust in the corner next to the couch. but, now that my mom made it sparkly clean, all of my supplies are neatly organized inside of it.

well, i've got to get off of the computer now-- i'm going to try to catch the bus tomorrow (please note the word "try"). i usually catch the bus on the first days of school, that is, before i just stop trying and prefer sleeping.

1 comment:

The Keeper said...

hopefuly you know its me bea, ur crazy now not at ur school soccer obsessed idol(im hoping u agree with me on that one!) i miss u so much and omg i now am ADD!!! (not officialy, bt quite possibly) like ur blog sry i never saw it in 8th grade!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Real Time Web Analytics